Swicorp executives come from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures but all possess a shared drive to succeed through providing the best possible service to clients and investors.We typically look for the following characteristics:
- People with a passion for excellence, a desire to find ways of doing things better
- Energetic and pro-active self starters who enjoy working under pressure and being challenged and who are prepared to go the ‘extra mile’ on behalf of the client
- Strategic thinkers who demonstrate good vision and insights, display good problem-solving skills and the ability to look beyond short-term considerations
- Intellectual curiosity – a willingess to think independently, approach a problem from a different angle, come up with creative ideas and occasionally go against the status quo
- Strong leadership qualities – an ability to inspire and motivate, display sound judgement, take initiative and accept responsibility for decisions
- A desire to make a positive impact – we look for results-oriented individuals who wish to make a difference and are ready and willing to be judged on their contribution and the impact they have
- Committed team players who enjoy collaboration and who focus on the good of the group rather than individual accolades
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills – people who enjoy building relationships with clients and colleagues, who enjoy arguing a case forcefully in a clear and coherent manner but are always ready to listen attentively to alternative view points
- Impeccable ethical standards: Trust and integrity are critical to all our activities. All employees are required to maintain the highest ethical standards and take all necessary action to preserve the firm’s reputation
- A keen interest in emerging markets and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
We are currently recruiting 2 profiles for our Private Equity teams :
1. Analyst – Private equity, Africa
We are looking for a highly motivated Analyst to join our Africa Private Equity team. The candidate will join the team focused on our Africa activities and will be required to travel throughout the region as needed.
- Conduct company & sector related research
- Assist with the preparation of various reports including investment memorandum, marketing documents, pitches and proposals.
- Assist with the identification & assessment of investment opportunities in Africa
- Meet with prospective companies in Africa
- Analyze financial statements of companies
- Prepare financial models including financial projections, business plans, company valuations (DCF, multiples, LBO, etc…) and investment returns to support transaction execution.
Candidate Profile & Requirements
- Bachelor’s/Masters degree from a leading business or engineering school with exposure to corporate finance or investment banking
- 2-3 years of professional experience in investment banking/private equity or similar field
- Strong finance knowledge, analytical & modeling capabilities and a capacity for synthesis
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Takes initiative, high degree of autonomy and an entrepreneurial mind
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of French/Arabic is preferred
- Suitable candidate will ideally be from Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast or Kenya.
Location: Candidate will be required to work and travel between Johannesburg and other Africa based offices (potentially Lagos, Nairobi and Tunis). Depending on the nationality & home market of the candidate, he/she may also be required to work from his home market for some periods.
Start Date: Immediate
Application: Interested candidates should send their CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “ANALYST PRIVATE EQUITY – AFRICA” in the subject line.
2. Intern – Private Equity in Renewable Energy, TUNIS
The intern will join Swicorp’s Private Equity team which is focusing on Renewable Energy Investments in Africa and the Middle East. He will be involved in both the fund raising process and the projects/investments analyses. The selected candidate will be based in Tunis and interacting with Swicorp’s Dubai and Tunis teams.
This internship provides an excellent platform from which to launch a career in private equity as the candidate will be exposed to both the fund raising and the investment processes. It also represents a great opportunity to gain specific exposure to both the fast growing MEA region and the Renewable Energy sector.
- Support the team in :
– The assessment of Renewable Energy investment opportunities in Africa and the Middle East (country economic profiling, competitive environment, preparation of the bid documents…)
– The fund raising process (investors profiling, notes preparation, marketing documents update…)
- Conduct market research and business due diligence and analyses
- Prepare financial models including business plans, valuation models (DCF, multiples, etc.) and investment returns to support transaction execution
- Assist with the preparation of various notes and reports such as qualification notes, investment memorandum, and marketing documents
Candidate Profile & Requirements
- BA from a leading business school or graduate from a leading engineering school with exposure to Corporate Finance or Strategy Consulting or MBA graduate/student.
- Sound business judgment and high commercial understanding
- Strong finance knowledge, analytical capabilities, capacity for synthesis, modeling, and presentation skills (Excel & PowerPoint)
- Self-starter mentality, high degree of autonomy and entrepreneurial mind
- Interest for and willingness to have exposure to the Middle East and Africa region
- Experience within the investment banking / private equity / management consulting field is strongly preferred
- High fluency in English is required, knowledge of French/Arabic is preferred
Start Date: Immediate
Assignment duration: 3-6 months
Application: Interested candidates should send their CV & cover letter to email@example.com with the title “INTERN – PE RENEWABLE ENERGY – TUNIS” in the subject line.