Swicorp initiated its private equity activities in 2004 to leverage its long-standing network of relationships in the MENA region and capitalise on the wide range of attractive investment opportunities in one of the world’s most exciting emerging markets.
Since 2005, over USD 1 billion has been raised for Swicorp private equity funds, primarily from investors based in the Middle East. In 2011, our investors base widened to include Development Finance Institutions, such as the International Finance Corporation, the European Investment Bank and Proparco, that wish to support the economic development of the region post ‘Arab Spring’. Swicorp currently has two active investment programmes with distinct sector focus.
- Consumer goods & retail, consumer services, light industrials and healthcare : Middle East and North Africa
- Energy and energy intensive industries, oil & gas, petrochemicals and infrastructure : Middle East and North Africa
In addition to the two franchises, Swicorp has established in 2012 a Syndicated transactions platform that leverages on Swicorp’s regional network and on-the-ground presence in Saudi Arabia to identify investment opportunities that will be presented to like-minded investors on a deal-by-deal basis. In order to fully align interests, Swicorp will commit its own capital alongside that of co-investors for each individual transaction.
Swicorp’s private equity activities provide:
- Comprehensive regional and sector coverage
- Over 20 seasoned professionals with on the ground presence in target markets
- Access to Swicorp’s longstanding network and investment experience in the MENA region and beyond