Through its network of relationships and on-the-ground presence across the Middle East and North Africa, Swicorp seeks to identify attractive investment opportunities that benefit from the long-term attractive fundamentals of the MENA region. Swicorp will take the lead in developing investment themes and structuring transactions that it will directly invest in and offer to selected co-investors. The Syndicated Private Equity Transactions is particularly well-suited for sophisticated investors seeking the flexibility to select their own optimal exposure to each individual investment. Furthermore, Swicorp’s ability to deploy its own funds alongside those of co-investors ensures a full alignment of interests.
Under the Syndicated Private Equity Transactions, Swicorp will typically look at opportunities that have the following characteristics:
- Minimum ticket size of USD 50 million and preference for control or significant minority
- Strong presence in Middle East and North Africa including Turkey
- Potential for IPO or other liquidity event clearly identified
- Clear source of sustainable competitive advantage and leadership position within its industry
- Benefiting from recently realized or expected structural changes within industry